Your plasma might save lives! The NHS Blood and Transplant are asking 18-65 year old males who have had COVID-19 to donate their plasma (antibodies) as part of research into new treatments. For more details, visit : www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/convalescent-plasma-clinical-trial/. Thank you.
To apply for a CoronaVirus Test, please visit www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.
Patients who have planned operations are asked to self-isolate for two weeks prior to the surgery. Please do not ask your GP or the hospital to provide a sick note – if you require a sick note to cover absence from work, you can obtain this by following this link: 111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
To participate in the clinical trial by donating blood plasma, you can sign up for this through the NHS Blood and Transplant site at www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/convalescent-plasma-clinical-trial. If you have had a positive test result for Covid-19, or have had symptoms, you may be able to help.
Coronavirus vaccine research
Vaccines are the most effective way to prevent infectious diseases.They’re designed so they do not give people the infection they’re protecting against.Research into vaccines is the only way to find out which vaccines will work. Researchers need people to take part in their studies so they can find out which possible new vaccine works best. Visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-vaccine-research to find out more about taking part in approved UK coronavirus vaccine studies.
- Free Online Courses to Support Your Wellbeing
- Parent Information leaflet – where and how to seek help when your child is unwell.
- Red Cross Support Services – for Bedford Borough Residents.
- This link will take you to the self-isolation and symptom treatment approach www.nhs.uk/self-isolation-and-treatment
- For patients needing help while self-isolating please contact Bedford Borough Council.
- The following link contains information on local support, but also a wide range of links to activities and resources – www.yourwellbeingbedfordshire.org.uk/self-isolating-need-something-to-do/.
- To access resources on mental health and wellbeing during this period of crisis, please go to www.gov.uk/covid-19-guidance-for-the-public-on-mental-health-and-wellbeing.
- Luton & Bedfordshire Mental Health Crisis Support – To access mental health support in the event of a crisis, contact 111 option 2.
- Useful videos by the Association of Palliative Medicine on Care Planning; hoping for the best and preparing for the worst: apmonline.org/news-events/covid-19-resources-for-the-public/.
- Never Alone – Helplines
- Q&A from Cancer Charities – update 18th May 2020